Monday, April 2, 2012

Purple Paradise

Truth be told, I love ANYTHING that's tufted. That being said, when it came to making some sort of wall decoration for my daughters room I knew what it would be. I have picture frames hanging all around the house, so I wanted something more personal for her room.
I went out to Walmart and picked up this 4pc cork ($4.97) 45x60 inch batting ($7.48) white silky ribbon ($1.97) and this pretty purple and white polka dot fabric ($4.94/yd)

  

I then duck taped the thing around and around to make it hold up better once I put the batting on. 


I laid out my batting and used a staple gun to attached it to my cork board. I was able to put 3 layers of batting on, I used the whole 45x60 batting on my 24x24 piece. 



The next thing to do was add the fabric, you need to pull the fabric tightly around the board so that it doesn't look wrinkled when you flip it back over.

Cut off all the extra fabric from the staple on.


Now it was time to make my bulletin board beautiful, I got these decorative nails on amazon for $6.00. 
  

I laid out the ribbon so that everything looked even, and I started  putting the nails into the board to give it that tufted look.

There you have it! It took about 30 minutes start to finish. I hope she likes it as much as I do. I plan on making another one for my room!


No comments:

Post a Comment