Tuesday, June 12, 2012

How To: Gel with Regular Nail Polish and Glitter

 I have been doing this for quite a while now, I use this with all my Essie colors and all my glitters. I have found that the gel glitter manicures are much better than the way I was doing them before. Its almost the same thing as the normal gel manicure, however, if you are doing this with nail polish and not glitter you NEED to let the nail polish dry before applying the top coat and curing for the final time. This look will last just as long as a gel manicure will and it wont chip! I swear by this method!

 apply the foundation
 apply nail polish
 apply glitter
 after waiting until polish is dry apply top coat
cure and rub with rubbing alcohol and you're done

2 comments:

  1. What products so I buy to give myself a long lasting gel manicure at home?
    Also, do you know why some of my polishes take HOURS to dry? Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kaitlyn!
      I gave a list of all the products you need to buy on this post http://diymakeupobsession.blogspot.com/2012/04/diy-gel-manicure.html
      It will run you about $50, but this will last you at least 5 months, probably longer since I do all my girlfriends nails as well.
      My guess on why some nail polishes take forever to dry is that A) they are old and have become thick B) they are a cheaper quality and not made with high quality ingredients. What I swear by to make my nails dry fast is Out the Door top coat, you can get this on amazon.com

      Hope I helped!

      Delete